Eczema is a skin condition that can affect anyone, irrespective of their age or gender. Also known as dermatitis, this condition causes your skin to develop rashes, making it dry, red, and itchy.
It can develop on any part of the body and can most commonly be seen on the face, inner creases of the knees and elbows, hands, and feet. These oozing blisters or rashes can burst at the slightest disturbance, causing a burning sensation.
The condition can worsen when treated wrongly as it responds poorly to irritants coming in contact with the skin. So, it is important to treat it tenderly so that there are no side effects. Here are a few home remedies that can help you get rid of eczema by relieving the symptoms naturally.
1. Aloe Vera Treatment
Aloe vera is known to relieve many skin conditions, including eczema. Its hydrating properties nourish the skin and reduce the inflammation and redness caused by the rashes. Aloe vera, along with vitamin E oil capsules, helps heal the symptoms of eczema. Here’s how you should use it:
What You Need: Aloe vera gel, Vitamin E capsules
- Take a freshly cut aloe vera leaf and extract the gel.
- Add vitamin E capsules to the gel and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area and let it dry completely.
- Wash the area after 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat this at least 2-3 times a day for speedy results.
2. Epsom Salt Treatment
Another home remedy that can help get rid of your skin issues is Epsom salt. It contains magnesium sulfate, an active ingredient that can flush out the toxins from the body while repairing it from within.
Dryness of the skin can aggravate eczema and cause itchiness and rashes. Hence, it is important to moisturize it. Epsom salt can restore moisture to the skin and cleanse it as well. Here’s how you can use it:
What You Need: 1 cup of Epsom salt, a bowl of warm water, olive oil (optional)
- Mix the Epsom salt in warm water with olive oil (optional).
- Soak the affected area in the water for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Use a bathtub for soaking the entire body and adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Cleanse your body while soaking in the warm water.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Repeat this at least 2-3 days in a week for relaxation.
3. Coconut Oil Treatment
Coconut oil is another excellent moisturizing agent. It fights eczema by restoring moisture better than other store-bought creams. It is tender on the skin and reduces inflammation as it is an anti-inflammatory agent. You can use this remedy to relieve rashes and redness caused by eczema. Here’s how to use it:
What You Need: Coconut oil (virgin)
- Apply virgin coconut oil generously to the affected areas.
- Massage it into the skin for a few minutes, ensuring that it’s well absorbed.
- Take a bath in warm water after a few hours while cleansing it off.
- Pat dry and apply a little oil all over the body to moisturize the skin.
- Repeat this at least once a day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
ACV is another effective ingredient that is used to relieve the symptoms of eczema. It contains acids and astringents that are helpful in treating the inflammation and itchiness in the affected areas. It is a mineral-rich ingredient that works on nourishing the skin from within. It reduces the visibility of redness as well as the tendency to scratch. Here’s how you can use it:
What You Need: 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, water
- Mix ACV with water and apply it on the affected areas.
- Use a cotton ball or a spray to apply it.
- Let it air dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it away and redo this at least twice a day for best results.
5. Honey And Cinnamon Treatment
Two agents with antimicrobial properties are honey and cinnamon. They act by soothing the skin while reducing rashes in the affected areas. Being rich in antioxidants, they can accelerate healing. They reduce swelling caused by eczema with their anti-inflammatory properties. Here’s how you can use them:
What You Need: 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- Make a paste by mixing honey with cinnamon powder.
- Wash the affected area gently.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave it on to dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with water and repeat at least 2-3 times a day.
6. Neem Oil Treatment
Another ingredient that is easily found and treats eczema effectively. Neem oil contains compounds that are anti-inflammatory. It reduces inflammation, moisturizes the skin, and heals dry and irritated skin. Neem oil not only reduces the pain from eczema but also protects the skin from infections. Here’s how to use it:
What You Need: 10-15 drops of neem oil, ¼ cup of olive oil (optional)
- Mix olive oil with neem oil.
- Apply this oil to the affected areas with a cotton pad.
- Gently massage it in the area to ensure it is absorbed by the skin.
- Keep it on for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Repeat this at least twice a day for best results.
These are a few simple home remedies that can work wonders in healing eczema by giving you instant relief from its symptoms. Ensure you take proper care of your surroundings and skin to avoid eczema. A proper diet and regular checkup can reduce the chances of infection. And if the condition worsens, consult a doctor immediately.