Please note: the use of cannabis for medial or recreational purposes may be illegal in your country.
The skin is, by all means, considered the largest sensory organ of our body. We should be extra careful while taking care of such a vital part of our body.
Skincare is an essential part of our daily lives and adding CBD topicals to our routines can do miracles to our skin. CBD is a boon to humanity. According to a Market Analysis Report, the global Cannabidiol (CBD) market is valued at USD 3.5 billion in 2021. The industry is only expected to expand due to the calming topical properties and medicinal benefits of CBD.
A Natural Solution to Daily Discomfort
So, what is CBD?
- CBD is a naturally occurring chemical compound. It is scientifically termed Cannabidiol and can be obtained from the Cannabis Sativa plant (e.g., marijuana and hemp).
- There are two active ingredients of cannabis – Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Hemp contains more CBD than marijuana and has no more than 0.3% THC.
- Pure CBD is non-psychoactive and hence, may not result in the intoxication associated with cannabis. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the chemical property of cannabis responsible for causing the “high”.
Any balm, ointment, lotion, or salve infused with CBD, can be regarded as CBD Topicals. CBD topicals can be applied directly to the skin, and it is extremely beneficial for the user.
All the Calming Topical Properties
CBD topicals may be a hassle-free solution to a plethora of skin troubles. You can enjoy pain relief or fight skin damage without having to take internal medication or complicated medical procedures. Hemp derived topicals are made to be applied externally – it may be the ideal way to enjoy all the calming benefits of CBD.
Can Help with Dry and Irritated Skin
CBD topical creams and lotions will not make the user high, but they will certainly work wonders for their skin. An article in the science journal, Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, discussed the advantages of CBD topical creams extensively. According to the research, CBD may be effective on dry, sensitive, and irritated skin. CBD is a strong antioxidant, and when combined with hemp seed oil, it may also hold the goodness of vitamin C, E, A, and omega-3 fatty acids.
The correct way to use CBD topicals is extremely simple. CBD topicals are not required to be consumed, unlike CBD edibles or oils.
- CBD topicals are sold in the form of creams, lotions, salves, balms, etc. They are also sold as transdermal patches.
- These creams or patches can be applied directly on the skin, over the affected/ damaged areas.
- It may be effective on dry patches around the under eyes, nose, and chin. It also works well as a lip balm on patchy and dry lips.
- Topicals may be easily absorbed through the skin and the effects are visible either instantaneously or over a short period of use.
- CBD topicals may be highly potent and are effective on both surface and deeper muscle levels.
Lotions Are Used to Relieve Inflammation and Pain
CBD is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. CBD topical moisturizers and lotions could be deemed to be very effective for concerns such as skin inflammation. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the use of CBD products may be helpful for dermatological problems such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
CBD lotions might also help alleviate body pain and arthritis, according to a study conducted in 2016. The CBD lotions are highly effective and can help with joint and muscle pain.
The Health Benefits of CBD
CBD’s multiple benefits are not only skin deep. CBD is recognized to provide relief from pain. However, it may also offer several mental health benefits. It could help with sleep disorders, depression, and anxiety! Its calming effects help soothe nervous breakdowns and panic attacks. CBD might also be useful in lowering high blood pressure and heart damage.
Groundbreaking research in 2020 stated that CBD could provide relief to peripheral neuropathy of the lower extremities. Researchers believe that CBD may further aid neurological disorders. CBD might reduce spasms in 75% of 276 people with multiple sclerosis, going through muscle spasticity. It has also successfully improved the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s disease. CBD is also said to help with cancer-related symptoms.
Multiple studies are still being conducted to fully grasp the potential of Cannabidiol (CBD). Hemp-derived CBD is found to be legal in 50 states as a supplement according to the 2018 Farm Bill. It is organic, natural, and does not have addictive properties. The medicinal benefits of Cannabidiol are mostly without any side effects. CBD Topicals have been welcomed by multiple skincare enthusiasts and praised highly. CBD topicals are the next-level game-changers in the field of skincare and healthcare.