Last updated on August 21st, 2018 at 09:37 pm
A nice dish, not too light, not too heavy on the stomach. Try it out.
- ½ slice bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb. small cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained well, and patted dry
- Pinch nutmeg
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (5 oz.) flounder fillets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Preparation and Instructions
- 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 fish roll
- Preparation time: 6 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minute
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Sauté the bacon over medium heat until cooked through and crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, and set aside to cool.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the drippings in the pan, and sauté over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the shrimp, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the spinach, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, and heat through for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Add the shrimp-and-spinach mixture to a large bowl. Add in the sour cream, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and bacon crumbles.
5. Working on a flat surface, add a scoop of the stuffing to one end of a flounder fillet. Roll the flounder over the stuffing, and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
6. Place the rolls in the prepared pan. Drizzle the top of each fish roll with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika.
7. Bake the fish for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat 65
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2.4 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150 mg
Sodium 345 mg (without added salt)
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 40 g