French toast is absolutely delicious and it’s a great dish to make your guests. It fills the stomach and your guests are bound to love its mouth-watering, sweet taste. Whether you prefer to make the dish for your family or only when visitors come over, it’s important to learn how to prepare it the right way.
The weekend is a perfect time to prepare French toast for your family. Not only do you have enough time to prepare the dish, but everyone in the family can take time to enjoy eating the tasty delicacy.
It’s also a good way to start the morning, expressing love to your loved ones in a truly unique yet amazing way.
Pair it with maple syrup drizzles, bacon slices and fresh fruits in a bowl. The breakfast of French toast will energize your family, ready for the long day ahead. It’s also bound to satisfy their spirits as much as their bodies.
Choose the Right Bread
Try out different types of breads to find out what you like best for your French toast. Some breads to consider include the following:
- Sally Lunn bread
- Challah bread
- Texas bread
- Sourdough bread
- Sandwich bread
Choose the Best Milk for the Toast
Heavy Cream makes yummy French toast. Consider the following milk for your toast:
- Half and Half
- Heavy Cream
- Skim Milk
- Whole Milk
Dairy-Free French Toast
If you or your guests want dairy-free French toast, there are alternatives you can use instead of milk. Depending on the type of milk you use, expect the toasts to have varying yet delicious tastes. Consider:
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Oat Milk
French Toast Sweeteners
Sugar is a common sweetener popular among many. However, various studies have associated it with many chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, heart attacks, type 2 diabetes and increase in blood sugar or cholesterol, among others.
Therefore, you need to choose healthy sweeteners to add to your French toast. It’s important to enjoy the delicacy without compromising your health or that of your loved ones.
- Coconut sugar
- Maple syrup
- Granulated sugar
- Confectioner’s sugar
French Toast Preparation Method
- Add all the ingredients in a single bowl and whisk them together to avoid making so many dishes dirty, hence extra cleanup time later. Add cinnamon and vanilla to the mixture as you deem necessary.
- Place you skillet over your cooktop and melt some butter on it over medium heat.
- Apply the mixture on both sides of your bread slices or slightly dip them in the mixture one side at a time. Make sure your bread doesn’t absorb too much liquid from the mixture. If that happens, your bread slices will dislodge easily even before you’re ready to cook the toast.
- Place bread covered with the mixture on your skillet and let it cook for a few minutes until it browns. After about 2 or 3 minutes, turn the slice of bread to cook the upper side.
- Follow the same procedure for all your bread slices.
- Serve immediately with a syrup of choice such as maple and enjoy!
Visit https://warmchef.com/best-long-slot-toaster-reviews/ for reviews of a toaster to make your French toast.